EDEC 4561 Field Experience Day 3

Today was my third day within the pre-K classroom in order to complete my field experience hours. Within this timeframe, I observed and participated within several interesting activities. As the day began, the students were dropped off by their parent(s) or guardian(s) in the gymnasium. The students began with playing around the gym with one another. After a while, the instructor reintroduced the students to Red Light, Green Light. Once the teacher ensured that the students understood the instructions, she began the activity.

The students played a few rounds of Red Light, Green Light, under the teachers instruction before the teacher instructed my classmate and I to take over. Our job was to ensure that the students were being safe while also having an enjoyable time while engaging within the gross motor activity of running back and forth. After finishing the activity, the children went back to the classroom for breakfast. Once the students are done with eating breakfast, the instructor allows my classmate and myself to practice carpet time with the students. This experience and practice has given me confidence for when I would do my student lesson on September 27th. Hopefully I will display my understanding and knowledge of how to properly deliver information to the children, until then!